Bank Job News

IIM Sambalpur records largest admissions in 2023-25 MBA batch; 60% female students admitted

The institute has seen an increase in the number of female students as a total of 60 per cent (197 students) are female candidates in the ninth MBA batch.


The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Sambalpur, recently celebrated the inauguration of its 9th MBA batch for the academic years 2023-2025. This batch is particularly special as it is the largest in the history of the institute, with a total of 329 students joining the program.


A notable aspect of this year’s batch is the significant increase in the number of female students admitted. Out of the total seats, 60% (197 students) have been secured by talented female candidates, while the remaining 40% (132 seats) have been filled by male students. This reflects the institute’s commitment to promoting gender diversity and inclusivity, creating an environment where all students can thrive.


The inauguration ceremony was graced by the presence of esteemed experts who shared their valuable insights with the students. Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand, the President of Vedanta Ltd., and Swati Agarwal, a Partner at Deloitte, were among the distinguished guests. Their speeches aimed to inspire and motivate the students, emphasizing the importance of embracing an open-minded approach throughout their academic journey. Their experiences and words of wisdom served as a guiding light for the new batch.


Prof. Mahadeo Jaiswal, the Director of IIM Sambalpur, took the opportunity to highlight the institute’s core values: innovation, integrity, and inclusiveness. These values draw inspiration from the teachings of Hindu deities, namely Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh. The institute’s logo, featuring three lines inspired by the renowned Sambalpuri handloom design, symbolizes these core values. Prof. Jaiswal firmly believes that by prioritizing these values, Indian B-schools can elevate their global rankings. He expressed his optimism that the transformative educational experience provided by IIM Sambalpur will equip the incoming batch with the knowledge and skills to make a significant impact on society.


The inauguration ceremony marked the beginning of an exciting and enriching journey for the 9th MBA batch at IIM Sambalpur. With an increased batch size and a strong emphasis on values, the institute is dedicated to nurturing future leaders who will not only excel in the business world but also contribute to the betterment of society. The institute’s commitment to gender diversity and its focus on core values reflect its vision of creating a diverse and inclusive learning environment that prepares students for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.


Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top