Bank Job News

IIM Sambalpur records largest admissions in 2023-25 MBA batch; 60% female students admitted

IIM Sambalpur records largest admissions in 2023-25 MBA batch; 60% female students admitted

The institute has seen an increase in the number of female students as a total of 60 per cent (197 students) are female candidates in the ninth MBA batch.


The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Sambalpur, celebrated the inauguration of its 9th MBA batch for the academic years 2023-2025. This year marks the largest batch size in the institute’s history, with a total of 329 students enrolling.


Notably, there has been a significant increase in the number of female students admitted to the program. A total of 197 female candidates, accounting for 60% of the batch, have secured seats, while the remaining 40% (132 seats) have been filled by male students. This demonstrates the institute’s efforts to promote gender diversity and inclusivity.


The inauguration ceremony witnessed the presence of esteemed experts who shared their insights with the students. Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand, President of Vedanta Ltd., and Swati Agarwal, Partner at Deloitte, were among the notable guests. Their speeches aimed to inspire and motivate the students, emphasizing the importance of staying open-minded throughout their academic journey.


Prof. Mahadeo Jaiswal, Director of IIM Sambalpur, highlighted the institute’s core values of innovation, integrity, and inclusiveness. These values are derived from the teachings of Hindu deities, with Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh serving as symbols of these principles. The institute’s logo, featuring three lines inspired by the famous Sambalpuri handloom design, represents these core values. Prof. Jaiswal expressed his belief that by focusing on these values, Indian B-schools can enhance their global rankings. He further expressed hope that the transformative educational experience provided by IIM Sambalpur will enable the incoming batch to make a significant societal impact in the future.


The inauguration ceremony marked the beginning of an exciting and enriching journey for the 9th MBA batch at IIM Sambalpur. With an increased batch size and a strong emphasis on values, the institute is dedicated to nurturing future leaders who will contribute to society and make a difference in the business world.


Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top